Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation has created the Kids Reach program to help prevent girls from the abuse of FGM. The program requires the organization to protect the girls from undergoing FGM. The program is designed not to frighten the children but to teach them safety and how to be alert. A similar program of this nature is currently underway in the U.K., and has had great success with the schools and children.
The components of the Kids Reach Program are:
- Teaching through our training manual
- Working with parents and the children
- Usage of the STEMgeo system
- School visits to work in a school environment
- High School volunteer system