- Walk To End FGM registration – Effective May 23rd
- Announcement of GWPF 2017 Award Recipients – June 13th
- The launch of the education toolkit – June 20th
- Support/Focus Group Meeting – Will return in July
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Mid-Year Board Meeting – July 15th
- Vacances San Excision (Summer without Cutting) Camp – August 19th
- Walk To End FGM – October 21st
- Giving Tuesday – November 28th
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Year-End Board Meeting – December 1st
We will update this calendar as the year progresses. Please mark your calendars, as we work toward a prosperous 2017.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation FGM/C Support Group: Our June survivors support group meeting was cancelled due to the month of Ramadan. It will resume in July. These meetings are for women who are in the process of healing (emotionally and physically) and wish to receive emotional support in a group setting. During support group meetings, participants can share any aspect of their stories that they wish to reveal and are showered with unconditional love and support. In addition to scheduled group meetings, individual support meetings are available, recommended, and encouraged for any survivor who may not be ready or interested in attending group meetings. To schedule one-on-one meetings, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com or call 703.818.3787 to inform us of your interest in attending individual sessions with one of our staff members. Confidentiality, respect, and an abundance of understanding and unconditional acceptance are our fundamental objectives. Our group facilitator is Willa Jones, Ph.D., a District of Columbia licensed professional counselor with over 20 years of experience. The Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation staff person, who will also attend group sessions, is Amie Jallah. You are invited to come out and let us support and celebrate your growth and progress at our next group session, Saturday, June 10th, at 3920 Alton Place, NW, Washington, DC 20016 from noon until 1 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
Volunteers Needed: Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is in search of volunteers for their 4th annual Walk to End FGM in the nation’s capital on Saturday, October 21, 2017. Volunteers’ responsibilities are: Arrive early, set-up, on-site registration, T-shirt and bag distribution, oversee donations, supervision of the tents, coordinate pre-walk ceremony, seat speakers and guests, coordinate photo-ops and pre-walk interviews. All volunteers will have free registration for the walk. If you are interested in being a volunteer for the Walk To End FGM send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line, “Volunteer”.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.
Make Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation Your Favorite Charity in 2017
When you shop during the year at Amazon, please select Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation as your charity of choice. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 18. Remind your supporters to shop at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate to Global Woman Peace Foundation. Amazon has a large variety of gifts that are perfect for Father’s Day including electronics, clothing, and more.
In your charitable contributions and donations in 2017, please consider Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation by either through the DONATE BUTTON below or by sending a check to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation, 14001A Grumble Jones Court, Centreville, Virginia 20121. Your generous donations are tax deductible. Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
|Do you have an announcement you would like to place in this section of the newsletter? Here are the guidelines below:|
The guidelines to submit an announcement are to appear in this newsletter:
- The length of announcement must be no more than a paragraph of 6 lines.
- Your announcement is free of any charges.
- Your announcement should be something that pertains to women, girls or students, such as events, walk-a-thons, conferences, etc.
- If there is an accompanying image, it must be no less than 72 dpi, preferably in jpeg.
- Your announcement must be received no later than the Thursday 5:00pm prior to the following Tuesday publication.
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation reserves the right to deny a submission if it is not within our guidelines.