A Call for Male Volunteers: We are calling for male volunteers to join the volunteer team. We still need about 2 male volunteers, if you are available on Friday, October 14th and Saturday, October 15th. Please contact Laura Prawius, the Captain of the volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to put in the subject line, “Volunteer”.
Walk To End FGM Volunteers: Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation thanks all of the volunteers that contacted us and offered to volunteer your services during the preparation and the day of the Walk To End FGM. Our Volunteer Captain is Ms. Laura Prawius, and she and her team of volunteers are excited about working the 2016 Walk To End FGM on Saturday, October 15, 2016. If you are interested in being a volunteer, and you have not yet registered, please contact Laura Prawius in an email to email@example.com and put in the subject line, “Volunteer”.
Save the Date: Saturday, October 15, 2016. Plan to join us for the Walk to End FGM 2016. Registration is now available at www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org. Call 703.818.3787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and volunteer opportunities. Follow us on Twitter @1Globalwoman and “like” us on FaceBook www.facebook.com/globalwomanpeacefoundation.
Shop Amazon Smile & Donate to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation: As you, our supporters make your purchases from Amazon.com, please do so by supporting us at: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/42-1690778 and Amazon will donate to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation. #StartWithaSmile at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/42-1690778 and Amazon will donate to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation. We appreciate your donations and wish you happy shopping!
The book, Female Mutilation authored by Hilary Burrage has been released in the US and Canada. The book is currently on sale at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation highly recommends Female Mutilation for high school students and anyone who wants to learn more about the practice of FGM/C. This book and the author will also be available at the Walk To End FGM on October 15th. To read the author’s blog about the Inter-African Committee Geneva conference, visit here https://hilaryburrage.com/2016/05/12/un-geneva-my-book-launch-at-the-iac-conference-on-fgm/ and to purchase a copy of the book, visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/female-mutilation-hilary-burrage/1123329211?ean=9781742576077
|Do you have an announcement you would like to place in this section of the newsletter? Here are the guidelines below:|
The guidelines to submit an announcement are to appear in this newsletter:
- The length of announcement must be no more than a paragraph of 6 lines.
- Your announcement should be something that pertains to women, girls or students, such as events, walk-a-thons, conferences, etc.
- If there is an accompanying image, it must be no less than 72 dpi, preferably in jpeg.
- Your announcement must be received no later than the Thursday 5:00pm prior to the following Tuesday publication.
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation reserves the right to deny a submission if it is not within our guidelines.
Walk to End FGM
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation (GWPF) launched the registration site for its third annual Walk to End FGM scheduled for Saturday, October 15th on the Washington National Mall.
Here are ways you can get involved:
Get Involved and Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
To volunteer, contact us at email@example.com or call 703-818-3787.
Click on the link below to see some highlights of our 2015 Walk to End FGM.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.
Stay up to Date with Global Woman
Follow Our Tweets
About Global Woman
- Add14001A Grumble Jones Court Centreville, Virginia 20121