Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation
Wishes you a
Happy upcoming New Year!
We take this time to thank all of you our supporters for helping us have a successful 2016. Here are some of the things you helped us accomplish this year.
- We began one-on-one counseling sessions with women who have experienced FGM/C
- We began support group meetings with women from various parts of the community
- We moved into a corporate office in Fairfax
- We established and maintained relationships with several like-minded organizations
- We partnered with CGCS (Council of the Great City Schools) in compiling an educational toolkit on FGM/C
- We partnered with IAC-USA in the Vacances San Excision (Summer without Cutting)
- We participated in several women’s conferences, such as the National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect (NCCAN)
- We held a very successful Walk To End FGM in October with many like-minded organizations and government agencies present. We raised enough funds to send women to California for genital reconstructive surgery
- We participated in the first End Violence Against Girls Summit on FGM/C, held in Washington, D.C. in December
We thank you for making it possible for us to achieve some of our goals in 2016. We still have a lot of goals for 2017 so please continue your support.