If you have not taken advantage of the early bird registration fee, we urge you to do so as soon as you can. We are only 78 days away from Saturday, October 21st. This is a gentle reminder to register if you have not already done so.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Itinerary: Assemble at 11:00am; pre-walk program at 12:00noon; walk starts at 1:30pm
Program: Senator Richard H. Black is our Keynote Speaker of the day
Emcee: Arielle Buchmann of WUSA News 9
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
Media Coverage: WHAG-TV
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM/C, including group and one-on-one counseling.
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
Volunteers are needed – To volunteer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-818-3787. Register at www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org and Walk To End FGM.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.