The months and weeks are slipping away, and we want you to take advantage of the early bird registration fee. We are only 71 days away from Saturday, October 21st. We are reminding you to register if you have not done so.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Itinerary: Assemble at 11:00am; pre-walk program at 12:00noon; walk starts at 1:30pm
Program: Senator Richard H. Black is our Keynote Speaker & 2 FGM Survivors share their riveting stories
Awards to: Dr. Pierre Foldes, Edna Adan, Tobe Levin, Mariya Taher, Arifa Nasim, Richard Black, Linda Weil Curiel, Maggie O’Kane, Adama Diaby & Frederique Martz
Emcee: Arielle Buchmann of WUSA News 9
Special Prizes to: Teams that raise the 3 highest amounts
International & Local Media Coverage: MB Network & WHAG-TV
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
Don’t Miss Out on the Fun!!!
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM/C, including group and one-on-one counseling.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.