With only 64 days and counting to the Walk To End FGM, we are delighted to announce that Dr. Pierre Foldes, the renowned OB/GYN that developed the restorative surgery for women who have experienced female genital mutilation and cutting (FGM/C) will join us at this year’s walk-A-thon. Dr. Foldes has performed thousands of such surgeries, more commonly known as the “Foldes Method” all over the world. We are honored that he will be traveling from Paris, France to Washington, D.C., where he will be receiving an award of recognition from us.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Itinerary: Assemble at 11:00am; pre-walk program at 12:00noon; walk starts at 1:30pm
Emcee: Arielle Buchmann of WUSA News 9
Special Prizes to: Teams that raise the 3 highest amounts
International & Local Media Coverage: MB Network
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
Don’t Miss Out on the Fun!!!
********We are reminding you to register if you have not done so********
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM/C, including group and one-on-one counseling.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.