With only 50 days to the Walk To End FGM, we urge you to register at your earliest convenience. Register HERE and be a part of a memorable event. Edna Adan Ismail, one of the most influential women in Africa today will be one of our guests at this year’s walk-A-thon. Her work has influenced people all around the world. Mrs. Adan Ismail is the former Foreign Minister and the former Minister of Family Welfare & Social Development of Somaliland Republic. She is the Founder and Director of the Edna Adan Maternity Hospital in Hargeisa.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Itinerary: Assemble at 11:00am; pre-walk program at 12:00noon; walk starts at 1:30pm
Emcee: Arielle Buchmann of WUSA News 9
Special Prizes to: Teams that raise the 3 highest amounts
International & Local Media Coverage: MB Network and PBS
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
Don’t Miss Out on the Fun!!!
********We are reminding you to register if you have not done so********
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM/C, including group and one-on-one counseling.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.