- GWPF’s Mid-Year Board Meeting – Saturday, June 23rd 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Activist Salon by Women’s Institute for Freedom of the Press – Saturday, June 23rd 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Presentation to National Assn. of School Nurses – Monday, July 3rd
- Global Woman Awards Announces 2018 Nominees – Tuesday, July 10th
- Montgomery County Law Enforcement Training – July 12th
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, July 21st with Severina Lemachokoti
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, August 18th with GWPF Board
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, September 15th with Lt. Stephen Wallace, Fairfax County
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, October 20th with Kerry Sparks
- Global Woman Awards – Friday, October 26th
- Walk To End FGM – Saturday, October 27th
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, November 17th with Damawa Remi
- Year-End Board Meeting – Saturday, December 1st
- Monthly Workshop – Saturday, December 15th with Sara Ahmed
- The education toolkit – Now Available and downloadable at https://www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org/prevention-school-resource-fgm-toolkit/
We will update this 2018 calendar as schedules come in
This section is for special announcements. If you have an announcement you would like to run in this section, please follow these guidelines.
NEW report by the AHA Foundation details why we must have zero tolerance for female genital mutilation. Read about why we hesitate to protect girls here: https://www.theahafoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Why-we-hesitate-to-protect-girls-from-FGM-in-the-United-States.pdf
From unCUT Voices: https://uncutvoices.wordpress.com/
The guidelines to submit an announcement to appear in this newsletter:
- The length of announcement must be no more than a paragraph of 6 lines.
- Your announcement is free of any charges.
- Your announcement should be something that pertains to women, girls or students, such as events, walk-a-thons, conferences, etc.
- If there is an accompanying image, it must be no less than 72 dpi, preferably in jpeg.
- Your announcement must be received no later than the Thursday 5:00pm prior to the following Tuesday publication.
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation reserves the right to deny a submission if it is not within our guidelines.