- GWPF Represented at CSW63 with US End FGM/C Network – Thursday, March 21st
- GWPF 1st Quarter Board Meeting – Saturday, March 30th
- Women’s History Jazz Program – Saturday, April 6th
- FGM Presentation to Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) – Sunday, April 14th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, April 20th
- First Shipment of Feminine Pads to Sierra Leone – May
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, May 18th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, June 15th
- GWPF 2nd Quarter Board Meeting – Saturday, June 29th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, July 20th
- Support Group / Vacances Sans Excision Camp – Saturday, August 17th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, September 14th
- GWPF 3rd Quarter Board Meeting – Saturday, September 28th
- Global Woman Awards – Friday, October 18th
- Walk To End FGM – Saturday, October 19th
- Thanksgiving Feast / Support Group – Saturday, November 16th
- GWPF Year-End Board Meeting – Saturday, December 7th
We will update this 2019 calendar as schedules come in
This section is for special announcements. If you have an announcement you would like to run in this section, please follow these guidelines.
Special Announcement: GWPF will join the US End FGM/C Network and other member organizations on March 21, 2019 at the 63rd Commission on the Status of Women (CSW63) in New York. The specific location of the Network’s panel discussion is the Church Center of the United Nations, 10th Floor on the grounds of the U.N. at 777 United Nations Plaza, New York, 10017, from 2:30pm until 4:00pm. If you are able to attend this panel discussion, you are encouraged to register at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-the-us-fgm-landscape-prevention-protection-and-care-tickets-57632769164. We hope to see you in New York!
The education toolkit – Now Available and downloadable at https://www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org/prevention-school-resource-fgm-toolkit/
The guidelines to submit an announcement to appear in this newsletter:
- The length of announcement must be no more than a paragraph of 6 lines.
- Your announcement is free of any charges.
- Your announcement should be something that pertains to women, girls or students, such as events, walk-a-thons, conferences, etc.
- If there is an accompanying image, it must be no less than 72 dpi, preferably in jpeg.
- Your announcement must be received no later than the Thursday 5:00pm prior to the following Tuesday publication.
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation reserves the right to deny a submission if it is not within our guidelines.