- NOVA BPW Women’s History Jazz Program – Saturday, April 6th
- FGM Presentation to Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) – Sunday, April 14th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, April 20th
- First Shipment of Feminine Pads to Sierra Leone – May
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, May 18th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, June 15th
- GWPF 2nd Quarter Board Meeting – Saturday, June 29th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, July 20th
- Support Group / Vacances Sans Excision Camp – Saturday, August 17th
- Support Group Workshop – Saturday, September 14th
- GWPF 3rd Quarter Board Meeting – Saturday, September 28th
- Global Woman Awards – Friday, October 18th
- Walk To End FGM – Saturday, October 19th
- Thanksgiving Feast / Support Group – Saturday, November 16th
- GWPF Year-End Board Meeting – Saturday, December 7th
We will update this 2019 calendar as schedules come in
This section is for special announcements. If you have an announcement you would like to run in this section, please follow these guidelines.
Special Announcement: The Northern Virginia Business and Professional Women’s (NOVA BPW) Club, of the National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Club, Inc. will host their second annual Women’s History Jazz and Awards Luncheon on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Country Club of Fairfax, 5110 Ox Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM. The theme this year is “Celebrating Visionary Women: Empowered and Engaged.” Professional achievement awards will be given to women who have made a significant impact in the community and business arena. This historic event features Art-Spoken Word Performance by Melanie Joyce Johnson and Jazz performances by Common Ground Jazz Ensemble with tributes to the late Aretha Franklin. Radio icon, Tyra Garlington will lend her sexy and compelling voice to the guests, as she guides the program as the Mistress of Ceremony. Tickets are available ($75.00) online at Eventbrite at https://novabpwwhp2019.eventbrite.com. This is a great way to spend a spring afternoon, dining, and being entertained. Sponsorships and journal advertisements are available to businesses and individuals. Vendor opportunities are welcomed and available. You do not want to miss this event, as it will be like no other.
The education toolkit – Now Available and downloadable at https://www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org/prevention-school-resource-fgm-toolkit/
The guidelines to submit an announcement to appear in this newsletter:
- The length of announcement must be no more than a paragraph of 6 lines.
- Your announcement is free of any charges.
- Your announcement should be something that pertains to women, girls or students, such as events, walk-a-thons, conferences, etc.
- If there is an accompanying image, it must be no less than 72 dpi, preferably in jpeg.
- Your announcement must be received no later than the Thursday 5:00pm prior to the following Tuesday publication.
- Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation reserves the right to deny a submission if it is not within our guidelines.
One Reply to “Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation’s 2019 Calendar”
Thank you for sharing with us. The site seems to attract a large number of visitors. I have a career that I’m just doing right now, and I’m always looking for information like this.