With only 50 days to the Walk To End FGM, we urge you to register at your earliest convenience. Register HERE (https://www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org) and be a part of a memorable event. Pennsylvania State Representative, Thomas P. Murt will grace us with the Keynote Address this year on Walk Day. Representative Murt was instrumental in getting FGM criminalized in his state this year. As the Pennsylvania people’s representative, Murt has dedicated himself to becoming one of the leading advocates in Pennsylvania for people with disabilities and their caregivers and has won numerous awards for his efforts. Rep. Murt’s child labor legislation in defense of the children of Pennsylvania who work in the entertainment industry became law and has won national acclaim. As a veteran, Rep. Murt advocates for Pennsylvanians who have served in our armed forces and has supported programs to increase veterans’ benefits. He is also nominated to receive the 2019 Global Woman Award in the Political Category. You most certainly want to hear what Representative Murt has to say to the crowd on October 19th before we begin the 5K journey.
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019
Itinerary: Assemble at 11:00am; pre-walk program at 12:00noon; walk starts at 1:30pm
Emcee: Amie Jallah & Wallicia Gill
Special Prizes to: Teams that raise the 3 highest amounts
Media Coverage: To Be Advised
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer – To volunteer, contact us at email@example.com or call (703) 832-2642.
- Register at www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org and Walk To End FGM.
********We are reminding you to register if you have not done so********
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM, including psychological and physical counseling.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.