We are only 36 days away from the big day, Saturday, October 15th. We are starting our weekly updates to remind you to register if you have not already and such things as wardrobe and weather advisories.
When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
Itinerary: Assemble at 12:00pm; pre-walk program at 1:00pm; walk starts at 2:00pm
Program: Speakers, Entertainment, Awards & Prizes
Emcees: Andrea Roane of WUSA News 9 & Meagan Fitzgerald of WRC News 4
Location: National Sylvan Theater, Washington Memorial Drive, SW (Corner of 15th & Jefferson Streets, SW) Washington, D.C. 20024 (2 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station)
The proceeds raised from the Walk To End FGM are used to support the restorative surgeries of survivors of FGM, including group and one-on-one counseling.
Ways to Participate
- Form a team and invite others to join your team and help raise funds
- Join a team that is already formed
- Register as an individual participant
- Register as a virtual participant and help raise funds (if you are unable to attend)
- Sponsor a team or an individual participant or sponsor the event
- Be a Partner Organization with Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation in the Walk to End FGM
- Register as a volunteer
If you need overnight accommodations for the Walk To End FGM…The official hotel is the Double Tree by Hilton, Crystal City at 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22202. A special negotiated rate is available when you register for the Walk. The deadline for making your hotel room reservation is September 14, 2016. If you call to book your hotel reservations, make sure to ask for the FGM 2016 Walk Room Block rate. If you book online, please click on the link below to make your room reservations.
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. As such, your donations and registration fees are tax deductible to the maximum extent required by law.