Are you ready for the walkathon? Are you ready to “Walk to End FGM?” We hope you are because we are only 30 days away from the walkathon on Saturday, October 31st!
If you have not registered yet, it is not too late. To register, please visit our website at www.globalwomanpeacefoundation.org, select “Events” and scroll down and click on “Register Now”.
We’re pleased to announce that the JW Marriot Hotel is the official hotel of the walkathon. If you require overnight accommodations, please click this link and make your hotel reservations
The deadline is Friday, October 9th to receive the special negotiated rate.
On the day of the walk, free street parking will be available on Constitution Avenue, but it is first come, first to get the free spaces. We suggest you take Metro to Federal Triangle, which is the closest metro station. Metro opens at 7:00am that Saturday.
If you are unable to join us in Washington, D.C. on October 31st, you can still participate by making a donation on the site or by sending us a check to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation, 14001A Grumble Jones Court, Centreville, VA. 20121 and you will become a “virtual walker”.
- Register as a walker
- Register as a virtual walker (support the cause to End FGM!)
- Register as a survivor (use this code: SURVIVORS2015)
- Form a team and invite others to join & support your team
- Join a team that has already been formed or support a team
- Register as a volunteer (use this code: VOLUN2015) we need 20 volunteers so once the site has registered the 20th volunteer, it will cut it off.
- Make a donation (if you are unable to attend register as a virtual walker)
- Sponsor a team or an individual walker
- Purchase a Sponsor Display Table (contact us for details 703.818.3787)
This is the second walk in the U.S. to End FGM. Register and be a part of the campaign to end female genital mutilation. Thanks!
Your donation and registration fee are tax deductible. Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.