We collect two kinds of information through the Site.
The first kind is personally identifiable information (“PII”), which is information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name and email address. We only collect PII when you have contacted us directly (see “Collection of Personally Identifiable Information” below). The second kind of information is the kind of non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) collected and stored automatically by many websites. It includes, for example, information about your internet service provider, operating system, type of browser, geographic location and pages viewed on the Site. Although this information is related to you, it is not associated with your PII and cannot be linked to you personally.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information:
The Site collects PII in the following ways:
- When you subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- When subscribing, you have the option of providing us with the email address of one or more friends. We will only send your friends a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. We do not retain their PII for any purpose
- You provide PII when you register for a Forum, workshop or seminar
- When you communicate with us via the Contact Us page, we ask for your name, email address and telephone number so that you can receive a response. You will have the option to be added to the email list for our monthly newsletter when you use this feature
- You provide PII to PayPal and/or a third party credit card processor when you make a donation on our Site. Your PII may be added to our databases. Any electronic communications from us will include a feature allowing you to opt out of future communications
- You provide PII, including your name, email address and other personal information, when you complete our Survey. Completion of the survey is entirely voluntary and not required for participation in the other features of the Site
Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
As with many websites, when you visit the Site, we automatically gather certain NPII based on your computer information and store it in log files. We use this technical and statistical information for general purposes such as ensuring that the Site continues to operate properly with commonly used operating systems and browsers. You Internet Protocol (IP) address will be stored and used to help diagnose problems with the Site server and for Site administration purposes.
We track our visitors’ activities to make sure we are providing the best path and access to information. In the form of “cookies”, small text files that are downloaded to your computer, we track the number of recurring visits to our site to minimize pop-ups and the repetition of information that we have already made available to you. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to identify you. Unless you’ve chosen to submit PII to the Site through registration or the purchase of products and/or services, the Site cannot identify you. Cookies are used by the Site to allow the smooth operation of the Site and to track your activity so that we may tailor the content of the Site to match your interests.
Links to Other Sites:
Opt Out of Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation Emails:
If you are receiving emails from Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation, it is because we understood from your participation in the Site that you are interested in receiving ongoing information from us. If at any point you no longer want to receive emails from Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation, you may at any time go to the Unsubscribe page on the Site and follow the “opt out” directions there. If you have any questions about the opt-out process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information: If your PII changes, you may correct and update it by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting us using our Contact Us feature.
We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect information from unauthorized access and improper use. Please be aware, though, that, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are impenetrable and any connection to Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation or information transmitted to us will be at your own risk.