How You Can Help & Support Us

Here are some of the ways you can help and support our programs in 2018:

• Donations (including in-kind donations)
• Partnering (collaborating in one of our programs and/or events)
• Joining our Internship or Student-Ambassadorship Program
• Volunteering
• Donate through employer payroll deduction (through Your Cause, United Way or the government employee giving program)

Important Contacts in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area to Keep Handy
Global Woman P.E.A.C.E. Foundation 703-818-3787
National Child Abuse Hotline 800-422-4453
Fairfax County Office for Women 703-324-5730
Virginia Crime Victim Assistance 888-887-3418
Montgomery County Abused Persons Program 240-777-4673 (24 hours)
Prince Georges County Sexual Assault 301-618-3154
Prince Georges County Child Advocacy Center 301-909-2089
Baltimore City Child Abuse Center 410-396-6147
Frederick County Child Advocacy Center 301-600-1758
Howard County Listening Place 410-313-2630
Washington County Child Advocacy Center 240-420-4308
District of Columbia Metropolitan Police 202-727-9099
Alexandria Victim/Witness Program 703-746-4100
Arlington County Victim/Witness Program 703-228-7273
Loudon County Victim Witness Program 703-777-0417
Prince William County Victim/Witness 703-392-7083

Attention: The U.S. government opposes FGM/C, no matter the type, degree, or severity, and no matter what the motivation for performing it. The U.S. government considers FGM/C to be a serious human rights abuse, gender-based violence, and, when done to children, a form of child abuse. It is against the law to perform FGM/C in the United States on a girl under the age of 18 or to send or attempt to send her outside the United States so FGM/C can be performed. People who violate this law can face prison time and significant immigration consequences. Additionally, anyone who performs FGM/C on a woman 18 years old or older without her consent may be charged with a crime under other laws. If someone performed FGM/C on you, you have not violated any U.S. laws and are not at fault, call 1-800-994-9662.